I remember the first time I had a scone. I didn’t know what the heck it was. A parent brought in chocolate chip scones for us while we were working in the babysitting room, and I was hooked. I have loved scones ever since. Since then I have tried lots of different flavors and I am still finding ones that I love. While chocolate chip scones will always be my favorite, I have fallen in love with chai tea mini scones. The size is perfect for a treat and chai tea is one of my favorites. This scone recipe has as become a staple in the house. So much so when friends come to visit, one of the first things they look for is one of the scones. The disappointment when I don’t have them…
Chai Tea Mini Scone Recipe
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 9 Chai Tea Bags
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- In a small saucepan, add heavy whipping cream and 8 chai tea bags. Once it starts to boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags from the cream. Let it cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Open one of the unused tea bags. Add the contents to the flour mixture.
- Stir in the cooled cream and stir everything is mixed well.
- Knead the dough a few times.
- Separate the dough into 2 flat rounds about 1 inch thick.
- Cut dough into wedges.
- On a baking sheet, place the wedges. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the tops are brown.
Leave a Reply