Summer is on and it’s going to get really hot. Your car will also get hot. If you’re wondering what you can do to help keep your car cool even during the summer months, Donvance Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram have a few tips for you. When you work to maximize your air conditioning, take advantage of shade, and also take steps to keep your car cooler, it will pay off.
Here’s how to keep your car cool this summer:
- Use sun shades or tinted windows to block out the sun. This keeps the interior of the car cooler. This will also help prevent damage to the interior of the car in places like the dashboard.
- You can slightly crack windows or sunroof to increase the flow of air and keep a closed car from getting overheated while parks. Only do this when it’s not raining, of course.
- If you don’t have tinted windows, you could also try to park in covered parking whenever possible. If covered space is not available, then try to find a shady place.
- Cover leather seats with cloth covers to prevent burning when you get inside during the summer months. If you have the budget for it, you could spring for a new car with air-conditioned seats.
- Make use of your car’s air conditions. If you have air conditioning, you will want to use it in the most efficient way to get the most benefit. When you first get in the air, open the back windows and turn the AC on full blast. This will push the hot air out the back windows and then you can close them after you reach desired temperature.
Do you have any other tips you would add for keeping your car cool this summer? Please feel free to share them with us. I would love to include them in the article.