Paris is one of the most spectacular, romantic and enchanting cities on Earth, no wonder that millions of tourists are eager to visit it. Today Paris is on everyone’s lips because of the bleak events – terrorist attacks and disappearance of the airplane Paris-Cairo on May 19 th , 2016.
Today France is in the state of declared three-month national state of emergency, though only few visitors have decided to change their plans and cancelled trips to Paris. Extra security measures aimed at preventing any further accidents claim to ensure protection of tourists and locals.
Is it safe to travel to France today? Despite the fact that the threat from terrorism is quite high, government has taken all possible means of protection together with prohibition of public gatherings and the use of fireworks. All Ministries of External Affairs worldwide strongly urge residents to follow security rules, for example, avoid large crowds or crowded places and be extra careful when using public transport. Practically, it is preferable to avoid public transport at all and move around the city in a car or a taxi from kiwitaxi.com, for example.
France is waiting for several international events and many visitors will travel there despite of all dangers – for example, international climate change conference and Euro 2016. We have gathered a few useful tips to make your staying in France as safe and entertaining as possible:
1. Always keep your documents in a safe place and keep an eye on it while traveling. For extra security make several copies of it and take one with you
2. If you want to support your favorite team during Euro 2016, consider transportation problems – thousands of people will want to get to the stadiums, so the public transportation will be overcrowded and long queues are expected. Consider your timing or take a taxi, but order it beforehand
3. Do not drink too much! Firstly, drunken fans are not allowed to the stadiums, second, it may cause problems with the police
4. Emergency number in France is 112
5. Book a place to stay ahead of time – can you imagine how many fans are going to Paris to to see the matches?
6. Check your insurance and get new, if necessary
7. Do not forget to look around! Paris is astonishing and its beauty cannot be compared with other cities of the world
Of course, because of the terrorist attacks many people believe, that traveling to Paris is extremely dangerous thing. However, pallid statistics states that the chances of being a victim of a terrorist attack is far less likely than being a victim of a road accident in your own country. Do not let these fears spoil your vacation in one of the most beautiful places there is!