If you’re planning on going off roading, there are a few things you need to know. You’re also going to have a couple of choices wen it comes to carrying your stuff – either carry all your stuff in a backpack, or you load it up in your four-wheel drive. Most people agree that four-wheel drive is the best option.
Keep in mind if you’re new to off roading, this trip is not about speed. You’re going to be trudging through muddy, murky areas. You’re not going to make this in two-wheel drive, or with cheap tires, or if you’re trying to speed through it. That’s how you get yourself stuck.
So, the first and most important tip for safe off roading is to do it in the right vehicle. Here are some more tips:
- Sometimes you need an alternate route – If you come across a bad spot, it’s sometimes best to go around, rather than try to force your way and end up needing to be rescued.
- Always stay on the trail – Sure, it’s off roading, but you still need to stay on the trail. When you try to blaze a trail of your own, you can end up stuck.
- Always bring along an emergency kit – You should have a fully stocked emergency kit just in case you get stranded and need to get by until help arrives.
- Make sure people know where you are – Also be sure to let people back home know where you are going and your planned route.
- Don’t speed through it – As we said above, speed is not your friend when you take it off road. Slow and steady wins this race.
If you’re going to be in the area, stop by and see the salespeople at Cuero Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram. They will hook you up with the best vehicle for off roading.
Leave a Reply