Gas isn’t cheap and while cars are more efficient today than they were in the past, it still pays to look for ways to be as efficient with your gas as possible, especially since gas prices continue to climb. Even if you have a hybrid, you will still want to conserve the gas you use as much as possible. While it’s needed to keep your car moving, no one wants to feel like they’re pouring it down the drain. There are some things that you can do to help get the best mileage possible from your vehicle.
Here are some tips for getting the most mileage from your gas:
- Don’t ride your brakes.
- Don’t overload your vehicle with weight.
- Reduce your drag as much as possible.
- Keep your tires at the correct pressure (but don’t overinflate).
- Always keep your gas cap tightly sealed.
- Don’t idle for prolonged periods.
- Use the recommended fuel type for your vehicle.
- Use the proper oil recommended by your manufacturer.
- Refuel in the morning.
- Try to keep it above half a tank. Don’t wait until you’re on empty to refill.
- Use proper sized tires.
- Use your vehicle’s cruise control when you can.
These are just a few tips to help you get the most of your gas mileage. It’s also important to just use your common sense. The more you drive your car, the longer your distance, and the more you use your air conditioning, the more gas you’re going to use up.
If you have more questions about cars, or if you’re in the market for a new vehicle, Visit Three River Chrysler Jeep Dodge. The salespeople and finance office would be happy to help you on your way to a new car.