You are getting married in Portland, Oregon! Congratulations! What an exciting time in your life. While there is much to celebrate, there is also a great deal of planning to take place to ensure that you have a memorable and special wedding day. Choosing vendors will prove to be a challenge but it doesn’t have to be. Whether you are looking for a photographer, baker, wedding coordinator, or DJ, there is a plethora of information on the web that will lead you in the right direction. This article, will highlight tips on how to find the best wedding photographer such as Dylan M Howell, in the Portland area.
- Connect with the photographer. When you begin interviewing potential photographers, you will want to make sure that you connect. A photographer is a critical component to your wedding day and if your photographer is not as invested as you are in capturing your special moments, you may want to consider someone else. A great wedding photographer will understand how important it is to capture special moments that will only happen once in your lifetime. You will want to make sure that your photographer is passionate about capturing special moments such as your wedding day. If you don’t feel that way, keep looking.
- Share your vision and hopes for your wedding shoot. It is important to share with your photographer your hopes and dreams for your wedding photos. Perhaps create a Pinterest board that highlights some creative and unique photos that you would like to replicate on your special day. When meeting with your photographer, you will want to make sure that he or she is talented enough to pull off the types of shots you want for your wedding. A good photographer will be honest with you and let you know if they are unable to do a particular shot or perhaps they will recommend others that give the same type of feel.
- Budget. Be prepared to spend a big chunk of your wedding budget on the photographer. While it may seem like photos of your day don’t matter, they truly do. You will be highly disappointed after your wedding if you do not have great pictures that capture the essence of the day. Spending a big chunk on your wedding day will be a priceless investment and one you do not want to skimp on. If you are planning your wedding on a tight budget, consider cutting back on flowers or decorations so that you can spend more on a good photographer.
- Prints and photo products. It is important to get great pictures that capture your day, but you also want to be able to get prints or the rights to them so you can have them printed. When consulting with a photographer, inquire about the print and photo options that are available to you after the wedding. Consider purchasing a package that will include pictures, photo products, and an engagement session. Often times a photographer will package these items together in a bundle deal that is much cheaper than paying ala carte.
- Engagement photos. It may seem trivial to have engagement photos taken but it can actually be a very memorable experience. Many photographers include the engagement session for free with your wedding package. If not free, the session will likely be deeply discounted. Take your photographer up on the offer as it will give you a great glimpse at how he or she will work with you and you will get to see their work before your big day.
Leave a Reply