This post is sponsored by Direct Energy but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
We love summer. We are always on the go. Starting in August, we always start thinking ahead to Fall. While we are thinking about back to school and all the Fall activities that come with that, we also start to think what other fun things we can squeeze in before the kids go back to school.
1. Make Sundaes: You don’t need a special occasion to have a Sundae party. Just grab a few fun toppings and your favorite ice cream and getting making. The kids will have a great time eating their treats and it will be a great way to spend some time together.
2. Have a fire: Nothing says summer like a fire pit, at least around our house. The kids love to play outside late and they love gathering the sticks for the fire. Another great way to add a little fun to a night by the fire, of course, is marshmallows.
3. Playing at the Lake: Many state parks offer lakes to swim in. What is great about state park lakes? They are usually free. If there are no state parks near you that offer lakes that you can swim in, then search for other lakes. They might not be free, but the price is usually low.
4. Catch critters in the creek: Kids love to be able to tramp around in the water at the creek. Give them a reason. Bring along a few buckets and cups and let the kids see what they can catch. Look for crayfish, snails, frogs or even tadpoles. The kids can have fun picking up rocks and seeing what lives under them. It is a fun way to spend an afternoon that costs you nothing. The kids will be able to create lots of fun memories.
5. Go Camping: Kids love being out in nature. Camping is a fun way to get them out. It is also a great way to get them to put the electronic down. Kids can learn how to put up a tent, cook hot dogs on a fire, and even listen to the animal sounds at night. Can’t go somewhere to go camping. Camp in the front yard. It gives the kids all of the same experiences, with the comforts of home within reach. This is a great choice for younger kids who might not be ready for a full camping trip yet.
Almost all of these activities are a great way to show kids how to use less and #LiveBrighter. Direct Energy wants you to use less of what they sell. Really! Direct Energy wants you to learn how to use less electricity.
Direct Energy has recently partnered with Plenti to help you earn points where you already shop and use them at another place you shop! It is easy to do and all of your points are stored in one place. Then you can redeem them for things you would buy anyway.
If you enroll TODAY with Direct Energy Plenti you’ll be able to earn 1,000 points right away!
If you’re thinking about switching over to Direct Energy you’ll be given a $75 gift card just for doing so! – Offer valid only until August 15, 2015
I’m always down for a Sundae. They definitely make life brighter!
I am right there with you on all of them except the fire one. My sister in law loves them in the summer too. And I have to say that when you roast smores over them, I dig it too!
These are all great ideas and things we love to do. I’m sad to see summer ending!
Melissa Pezza says
Bonfires are the best! Unfortunately my son has terrible allergies, so those are out. =( Instead, we watch Netflix and eat sundaes. So we made the list! LOL
LOVE sundaes! They are one of my favorite things to eat! I love all the ideas for summer fun and that they are all outside!
Robin (Masshole Mommy) says
You had me at sundaes. We love ice cream night in our house.
We like all of these ideas. I have to say the sundaes sound really good right now!
Kelly Hutchinson says
I fell terrible that we didn’t go to the lake or the beach this summer! Using less energy is always on my list.
Amber Edwards says
I love all your activity ideas! Seriously, Sundae, camping, a little fire! Oh man, it all sounds amazing!
Dee Mauser says
Camping certainly isn’t my thing but a gooey sundae sure is. I WILL sit by a fire though and roast marshmallows.
Ann Bacciaglia says
When my kids were younger they loved to go camping. It is so much fun to sit around the fire and roast marshmallows.
Elizabeth Lampman says
These are great ways to spend time together. We love to go hiking and explore the woods.
What great ideas. You know, I grew up catching fireflies with my family and have been so sad to never see them here in Texas, until last week… it was the first time I have seen them here and the first time my kids saw them all together. It was a great way to live brighter 🙂 Thanks for sharing…
Autumn @Mamachallenge says
Those are great summer actives! Sundaes and camping are my kids’ favorites.
Nancy L. says
Those are all great summer activities. I especially love sitting by a fire at night and roasting marshmallows or just conversing with friends and/or family. Nothing quite like it! Oh, and your sundae looks delish! 😉
Your sunday looks really tasty. I have wanted to try toppings like that.
Aimee Smith says
These are great ideas. I have the best memories from summer as a kid, I want my kids to too.
Sabrina @ Dinner, then Dessert says
Using less energy is important to help keep our planet clean! We all need to pitch in!
Those are some fun activities. We enjoy lots of them ourselves Thank you for sharing.
I love summer time. There are so many fun things you can do with your family!
These are fun activities! We’ve never tried real camping. I’m sure my kids would love to do this.