Taking care of your car is so important. The better you care for it, the longer it will last for you. Even if you’re not planning on keeping your car for a long time, you get a better value for it when you sell it or trade it in if you’ve been taking good care of it. So, what are some basics you need to know about car maintenance? You don’t have to be a mechanic to know these important tips.
Here are some five basics to be aware of:
- Engine – This keeps your car going. It needs oil to lubricate all the mechanical parts inside. You need regular oil changes and filter changes.
- Battery – If the battery goes dead, your car won’t start. Keep a check on how long you have had your battery, how long it is supposed to last according to the specifications for your model, and be aware of the signs of a dead or dying battery.
- Warnings – Don’t ignore the warnings on your vehicle’s dash. They are there for a reason. Sometimes it’s just a minor issue like a tune-up or an oil change but it’s important to take your car in as soon as possible to avoid worsening a condition.
- Tires – Your tires are essential to the health of your vehicle. They need maintenance, rotated, correct tire pressure, and eventually, they will need replaced.
- Brakes – Brakes are another part of the vehicle that people fail to maintain. Some will keep driving long after the brakes show signs of wear and start squeaking. Not only is this dangerous, but you’re also creating a more expensive problem.
If you understand what these five things are and why they are important to your vehicle, you’re well on your way to taking good care of your car now and for years to come.
Come see the salespeople at Roberts Honda if you’re in the market for a new car, or just want to see what they have on the lot today. You can come take a no-pressure look around.