If you want your vehicle to continue working for you, then you need to work for it. There’s a bit of effort that goes into taking great care of your vehicle, but it pays off when you have fewer auto repairs and a great, dependable vehicle you can drive around for a long time.
Here are some great year-round car care tips to consider to keep your vehicle in top shape:
- Check and change the oil – If you don’t know how to do it yourself, take it in to a mechanic regularly. Proper fluid is very important to your engine and parts.
- Flush your cooling system and chance the coolant – This is recommended about once a year. It keeps the system in good shape and prevents corrosion and deposits from building up in your cooling system.
- Check the transmission fluid – Again, take it in if you don’t know about fluids. You should have the correct transmission fluid and the right amount of it.
- Check the tires – Have them rotation, keep proper air pressure, and replace them when needed.
- Check your brakes – Getting a brake problem fixed early saves you money. Riding on brakes with worn pads, for example, will create a more expensive problem when you need it all replaced (plus, it’s dangerous).
Now that you know these car care tips, all that is left is to set out and do them. Most people like to keep a written record of the things done to their vehicles and the dates, so you know when you need to replace or repair things. For example, you might write down when you get new wiper blades, so you don’t have to go merely by their physical condition and wear to know when you need new ones.
If you’re in the market for a new car, come see the salespeople at Reedman Toll Subaru of Downingtown.