If you’re going to be in Marietta, GA, there are some wonderful places to go and things to see. Depending on how long you’re staying, you may really want to check out some of these favorite places we have on our list. Whether you are in Atlanta, or some of the smaller towns and cities close by, you will want to take some time to visit Marietta.
Things to Do in Marietta GA
- Marietta Square – This is a beautiful park that is like taking a step back in time. Colorful gardens and parks for you to walk or picnic in. It is the perfect piece of that Southern charm.
- Sope Creek Trail – Here is more beautiful parts of nature in GA. You will find several bodies of water, outdoor activities and hiking trails here in this nature park area. You can easily spend the day. Bring a picnic and have a day connecting with nature.
- Gone with the Wind Movie Museum – This is on my bucket list. I love Scarlet O’Hara and Gone with the Wind. If you’re a fan of the movie, you have to check out this museum whole you’re in town.
- Brumby Hall and Gardens – Here’s a great historical site to check out when you’re in town. There are landmarks as well as nature and parks nearby. It’s open to the public.
- Escape Room Games – If you love escape rooms as much as I do, Marietta has both Project Escape AND The Escapery for you to check out. Escape Rooms are great no matter the age. We had people from age 7 up to age 77 and all ages in between.
Now you have a list of some great things to do in Marietta, Georgia. Whether you live nearby or are just visiting, we hope you enjoy your time here. If you are close, be sure to visit Hyundai of Kennesaw.