Who doesn’t love donuts? The fall flavors combined with the yumminess of donuts makes the perfect combination. Many people are intimidated by the idea of making donuts. That isn’t a worry with these donuts. Yummy and easy, Apple Cider Donuts will satisfy any apple recipe craving.
Need: a mini donut pan
4 TBSP unsalted butter, melted and cooled
½ c apple cider
1 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp salt
⅓ C sugar
1 egg, room temp
Making the donuts:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a double boiler, melt the butter.
- Remove from heat and stir in the apple cider. Set this aside.
- Add all of your flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl, mix well.
- Transfer the butter mixture to a bowl, whisk in sugar and the egg, lightly beaten.
- When completely mixed together slowly begin to add this mixture (the wet mixture) to the flour bowl.
- Don’t over stir, just ensure that all of your ingredients are well blended.
- Spray the mini donut pan with baking spray.
- Spoon in the batter until each is filled ½ way.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 5-6 minutes and springs back with a slight touch.
- Add the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, stirring to mix, then pour into a clean salt shaker.
- While the donuts are still warm shake the sugar/cinnamon on each donut.
- Once slightly cooled remove from the donut pan placing on a wire rack to cool completely.